Hello and welcome to Jay Class.
All the classes in school have a bird name so they can be easily recognised, our class is named after the Jay and we have researched some interesting facts about our class bird:
- Jays are native to Europe and North America and can usually be found in woodland, living in trees.
- They eat seeds, nuts, acorns, fruit, insects and other bird's eggs.
- The Blue jay has a wingspan of 13-17 inches and can fly between 20-25 miles an hour.
- The Brown Jay is native to England and is quite hard to spot being quite a solitary bird.
- Jays actually belong the crow family.