Hello and welcome to Sparrow Class. We are year 2 children and our class teacher is Bretherton.
Welcome to the Sparrows Class Here are some facts about our favourite bird.
Did you know?....
- Sparrow is a very small bird. It can reach 4 to 8 inches in length and 0.8 to 1.4 ounces in weight.
- Sparrow has stout body, covered with brown, black and white feathers. Its wings are rounded.
- Males and females can be distinguished by the feather coloration: males have reddish backs and black bib, while females have brown backs with stripes.
- Sparrows are very social and they live in colonies called flocks.
- Sparrows are carnivores (meat-eaters) by nature, but they have changed their eating habits when they learned to live close to people.
- parrows primarily eat moths and other small insects, but they can also eat seed, berries and fruit.