Hello and welcome to Woodpecker Class. We are year 1 children and our teacher is Mrs Makda.
Interesting facts about Woodpeckers
- Woodpeckers live in wooded areas and forests.
- They tap on tree trunks to find insects.
- Woodpeckers eat insects, fruit, acorns and nuts.
- When a woodpecker hatches, it is blind and does not have any feathers.
- Woodpeckers have two tight clawed toes pointing in each direction to help them grip the sides of trees and balance while they hammer.
- Many woodpeckers also have thick tail feathers, which they press against a tree surface to help them support their weight.