During their time at Intack, children have time to develop their skills and knowledge across the foundations of art. They have access to high quality art lessons and are encouraged to explore and evaluate their own ideas which allows them to express their individuality. By using Kapow we are able to build upon previous skills taught and continue to develop them year on year.
By the end of Key Stage 2, the expected impact is that children will:
• Produce creative work, exploring and recording their ideas and experiences.
• Be proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture, printing and collage.
• Evaluate and analyse creative works using subject-specific language.
• Know about great artists and the historical and cultural development of their art.
• Meet the end of key stage expectations outlined in the national curriculum for Art and design.
• Have deepened their appreciation for art