It is important to us that you and your child feels happy, confident and safe when you join our school family.
With this in mind we have developed a robust Induction Programme for our new Reception children. It is designed to ensure that both our children and our parents are very familiar and comfortable with both the school and the staff before your child even begins school in September. This means that when your child officially joins our school family at the beginning of September, they are able to settle quickly and feel happy in their new school environment.
Details of our Induction Programme
During the Summer Term, prior to starting school the following September, there are several parts of Induction that take place. These are detailed below:
- Parents are invited to attend an ‘Induction Meeting’ at school to meet SLT and the teaching staff.
- Foundation Stage staff visit pre-school settings to meet the children and their Key Workers.
- Children and parents are invited to ‘Stay and Play’ times in school.
- Children visit school with their Key Workers if they are in a pre-school setting and it is possible for nursery staff to accompany them.
- Children attend an ‘Induction session’ on their own towards the end of the academic year.
- Our induction policy is flexible and therefore we can adapt our policy if needed to meet the needs of the children and families.
In September, the children have a staggered but swift introduction to school. The children are inducted over the course of the week. It is important to say that if you have any questions, queries or concerns at any point you are most welcome to contact school.
Children that attend Intack Nursery will have time with their new class teacher in the Summer term spent within the school setting. This process is adapted by the current class teachers. The children usually visit their new classroom at least once a week during the summer 2 term. The teacher also visits regularly to play with children, read stories and build up positive relationships with the children.